Theresa May Says Speculation Not Helpful After Trump Tweets on London Attack
UK Prime Minister Theresa May said that the police and security services were doing all they could to identify those responsible for the “cowardly attack”.
Britain Prime Minister Theresa May, (File photo/Reuters)
London: British Prime Minister Theresa May said on Friday it was not helpful for people to speculate on any investigation after US President Donald Trump tweeted that the culprits behind a bombing on a train were in the sights of the police.
Asked about Trump’s tweet saying that those responsible for the bomb in west London which injured 22 people were in the sights of Scotland Yard, May said: “I never think it’s helpful for anybody to speculate on what is an ongoing investigation.”
She also said that the police and security services were doing all they could to identify those responsible for the “cowardly attack”.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Are Sidharth Shukla and Arti Singh Getting Close Again?
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works
- Supermodel Bella Hadid is World's Most Beautiful Woman According to Science
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2C at Rs 6499 Lands Ahead of Peak Pollution Season
- Google Pixel 4 Project Soli Radar is Why The Phone is Not Coming to India