This British Woman Just Named Her Tumour After Donald Trump
A woman in the UK has vowed not to lose her humour after she was diagnosed with an uncommon form of cancer and named her tumour after US President Donald Trump.
File photo of US President Donald Trump. (Image: Reuters)
London: A woman in the UK has vowed not to lose her humour after she was diagnosed with an uncommon form of cancer and named her tumour after US President Donald Trump.
Elise Stapleton was left stunned when doctors told her she had Hodgkin lymphoma in September last year.
The diagnosis meant the 24-year-old needed to undergo intensive chemotherapy which caused her to lose her hair, Mirror reported.
But rather than shying away from the ordeal, she decided to write a blog in the hope of inspiring others. Elise poked fun at Trump after naming her tumour after him.
Elise, an admin assistant, spoke to WalesOnline about her battle to mark World Cancer Day.
"I set up the blog because I just wanted to address the elephant in the room. It was really important to me because it felt empowering and it gave me a voice. People were shocked when they read about it all. They couldn’t believe that in the blog I was laughing and joking about it but I just said if you don't laugh you cry," she said.
Elise said her first treatment was rough, leaving her with side effects, including nausea, diarrhoea and fatigue.
Recommended For You
- Now Get Fuel at Your Doorstep - Indian Oil Starts Home Delivery of Diesel in India
- Sunil Gavaskar Does the Snake Dance; B'desh Fans Are Far From Impressed
- Stephen Hawking's Last Research Paper Could Prove The Existence of Multiple Universes
- Toyota Yaris Sedan – All You Need to Know: Price, Mileage, Features and More
- 'Always Trusted Dinesh Karthik's Ability to Finish Game'