Threshold Not Yet Reached to Trigger Challenge to UK PM May, Says BBC Political Editor
A challenge can be launched if 15% of MPs write letters demanding a confidence vote to the chairman of the party's "1922 Committee", which represents MPs who have no government jobs.
Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May.
London: The threshold of 48 letters from lawmakers that would trigger a leadership challenge to British Prime Minister Theresa May has not yet been reached, BBC Political Editor Laura Kuenssberg said on Twitter.
A challenge can be launched if 15 percent of Conservative Members of Parliament (MPs) write letters demanding a confidence vote to the chairman of the party's "1922 Committee", which represents MPs who have no government jobs.
"48-letter threshold has NOT been reached yet I'm told - for now," Kuenssberg said after the Huffington Post reported one unidentified source as saying it had been reached.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football