Tourist Boat Carrying 31 Persons Missing in Malaysia
A boat carrying 31 persons aboard has lost contact with the authorities in Malaysia, an official said on Sunday.
Kuala Lumpur: A boat carrying 31 persons aboard has lost contact with the authorities in Malaysia, an official said on Sunday.
It sailed from Kota Kinabalu in Sabah state on Saturday, and carried over 20 Chinese tourists, Xinhua news agency quoted the Consulate General of China as saying.
According to Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency, the boat was enroute to Pulau Mengalum, a popular tourist island 60 km west of Kota Kinabalu.
The agency has sent out ships and helicopters to the site for rescue operations.
A maritime communications officer in Sabah said: "The search area covers 400 nautical square miles and involves waters between Kota Kinabalu and Pulau Mengalum."
It was not clear yet what caused the disappearance of the boat.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Angad Bedi is All Praise for Ex-flame Nora Fatehi
- Motorola TV With Android TV 9.0 Launched: Price, Features, and More
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications Leak Claims to Reveal All New Features
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance