Tourist Boat Carrying 31 Persons Missing in Malaysia
A boat carrying 31 persons aboard has lost contact with the authorities in Malaysia, an official said on Sunday.
Kuala Lumpur: A boat carrying 31 persons aboard has lost contact with the authorities in Malaysia, an official said on Sunday.
It sailed from Kota Kinabalu in Sabah state on Saturday, and carried over 20 Chinese tourists, Xinhua news agency quoted the Consulate General of China as saying.
According to Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency, the boat was enroute to Pulau Mengalum, a popular tourist island 60 km west of Kota Kinabalu.
The agency has sent out ships and helicopters to the site for rescue operations.
A maritime communications officer in Sabah said: "The search area covers 400 nautical square miles and involves waters between Kota Kinabalu and Pulau Mengalum."
It was not clear yet what caused the disappearance of the boat.
Recommended For You
- Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt Perform Most Romantic Dance at an Event And Fans Are Swooning Over
- IPL 2019: Kohli Should Be Grateful RCB Haven't Sacked Him as Captain - Gambhir
- Metallica Just Announced its Reunion With SF Symphony After 20 Years and Fans Cannot Wait
- Christchurch Aftermath: Dev Patel’s Film On 26/11 Mumbai Terror Attacks Pulled Down From Theatres in New Zealand
- Here's Why Shraddha Kapoor Was Replaced by Parineeti Chopra in Saina Nehwal Biopic
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s