'Troll's Penis' to be Re-erected in Norway
Norwegians have come out in group to raise nearly 20,000 euros to repair an eye-catching penis-shaped rock formation apparently knocked down by vandals, an online collection showed on Monday.
This photo shows the rock formation Trollpikkenin before its damage, in Egersund, western Norway.(Image: AP)
Oslo: Norwegians have come out in group to raise nearly 20,000 euros to repair an eye-catching penis-shaped rock formation apparently knocked down by vandals, an online collection showed on Monday.
The formation, which local guides had planned to make a tourist destination, is known as "Trollpikken", or "The Troll's Penis" in a very conservative translation.
Hikers in southwestern Norway on Saturday found the massive rock sectioned off, lying on the ground at the base of the rock face from which it had protruded.
Media accounts of the damage showed traces of drilling on the geological formation. Police have launched an inquiry into potential vandalism.
A local entrepreneur has launched an online collection to raise money to put the pieces back together.
By Monday, almost 1,000 donors had responded to the appeal entitled "The Troll's Penis Will Be Re-Erected", raising more than 160,000 kroner (17,000 euros; $19,000).
Recommended For You
- Twitter Explodes with 'Priyanka Chopra Joins RSS' Memes as Actress Steps Out in Khaki Shorts
- Benoit Paire, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Showcase Football Skills During Match Rally at Halle Open
- Xiaomi is Making Fun of Other Android Smartphones With Notches, as it Promotes The Mi 9T
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Belatedly Gets the Oxygen OS 9.5.4 Update With Bug Fixes And Improvements
- Biker Saves Three Girls from Eve-Teasing, Shows Importance of Mounted Cams in India
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s