Trump Hails 'Exciting' Agreements by North Korea's Kim
The US president welcomed developments on Wednesday at an inter-Korean summit.
File photo of US President Donald Trump. (AP)
Seoul: US President Donald Trump welcomed developments on Wednesday at an inter-Korean summit in the North Korean capital of Pyongyang as "very exciting".
"Kim Jong Un has agreed to allow nuclear inspections, subject to final negotiations, and to permanently dismantle a test site and launch pad in the presence of international experts," Trump said on Twitter, referring to agreements the North Korean leader made in talks with South Korea's President Moon Jae-in.
"In the meantime there will be no Rocket or Nuclear testing," Trump added.
Referring to the repatriation of remains of US service people killed in the Korean War, which Kim and Moon also discussed, Trump said:
"Hero remains to continue being returned home to the United States. Also, North and South Korea will file a joint bid to host the 2032 Olympics. Very exciting!"
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- How Many of Us Choose Heart Over Mind: Kangana Ranaut Supports Priyanka Chopra for 'Jai Hind' Tweet
- Jio Effect: Airtel V-Fiber Offers up to 1000GB Free Data & Plans Start at Rs 799
- Kia Seltos Launched in India, Gets Special Twitter Icon as a Red SUV
- World Badminton Championships: B Sai Praneeth Enter Quarters, HS Prannoy Loses
- Not Just a Dropped Pin: Spacewalking Scientists Add Parking Spot to International Space Station