Trump Jokes on Infamous Hairstyle, Says 'I Try Like Hell to Hide Bald Spot'
US President Donald Trump's elaborate combing regimen has long been the butt of jokes and speculation.
File photo of US President Donald Trump. (Reuters)
National Harbor (US): US President Donald Trump made a rare public comment on his enigmatic straw mane on Friday, jokingly admitting that he suffers from male-pattern hair loss — a bald spot.
"I try like hell to hide that bald spot folks, I work hard," Trump quipped during a speech to conservatives just outside Washington, in an unusual flash of self-deprecating humour.
"It doesn't look bad, hey, we're hanging in," he added, giving a swirl to the cheering audience.
Trump's elaborate combing regimen has long been the butt of jokes and speculation.
A tell-all book about Trump's White House claimed his daughter Ivanka was in the habit of describing the mechanics of the combover to friends: "An absolutely clean pate — a contained island after scalp-reduction surgery — surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the center and then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Unseen Pictures From Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput's Wedding Surface, See Here
- 'This is a Joke Right?' Trump Wrote a Bizarre Letter to Turkey and Twitter Had a Lot of Memes
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL Opening Ceremony
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring