Trump Says Could 'Certainly' Ask Chinese President Xi Jinping to Investigate Joe Biden
Trump told reporters at the White House that Ukraine should probe the frontrunning Democratic presidential hopeful and his son, Hunter Biden — and that China should follow suit.
File photo of US President Donald Trump.
Washington: Donald Trump said Thursday he would "certainly" think about approaching Chinese leader Xi Jinping to investigate the US president's domestic political rival Joe Biden.
Trump told reporters at the White House Ukraine should probe the frontrunning Democratic presidential hopeful and his son, Hunter Biden -- and that China should follow suit.
"Certainly — something we can start thinking about," the president said of asking China to get involved. "If it were me I would recommend that they start an investigation into the Bidens," he added.
Trump provoked a firestorm of outrage and triggered an impeachment probe after it emerged that he had asked Ukraine leader Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate the Bidens. It is illegal to ask for foreign help in a US election.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- From Slam Poets to 'Eco-Feminists', BBC's 100 Most Influential Women 2019 List Has 7 Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Awestruck by Kalki Koechlin's Six-month Pregnancy
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Bigg Boss 13: Are Sidharth Shukla and Arti Singh Getting Close Again?
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution