Trump Tweets 'Iran is Playing With Fire', Says Won't be as Kind as Obama
U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted early on Friday that "Iran is playing with fire" and "they don't appreciate how kind President Obama was to them. Not me!"
U.S. President Donald Trump in White House in Washington, U.S. February 2, 2017. (Photo: Reuters)
Washington: U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted early on Friday that "Iran is playing with fire" and "they don't appreciate how kind President Obama was to them. Not me!"
Trump plans to impose sanctions on several Iranian entities, seeking to ratchet up pressure on Tehran while crafting a broader strategy to counter what he sees as its destabilizing behavior, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
Iran's decision to test-fire a ballistic missile on Sunday helped trigger Trump's decision, which could be announced as early as Friday, they said.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Unpaid 'Fyre' Caterer Gets Over $100K in Donations After Netflix's Documentary on Doomed Music Festival
- Kangana Ranaut on #MeToo: Not Sexually, but Have Been Harassed by Actors on Sets
- India & Kohli Consolidate Test Rankings, Pujara Moves to Third
- Cristiano Ronaldo Penalty Fear Keeps Iran Alive at Asian Cup
- 2019 Hyundai Creta Prices to Start at Rs 9.60 Lakh, Gets New SX(O) Executive Trim Variant
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s