Trump's New Hotel in Washington Vandalized With Spray-Painted Graffiti
Donald Trump's new luxury hotel in downtown Washington has been vandalized.
Plywood covers up graffiti at the entrance to the Trump International Hotel, Sunday, Oct. 2, 2016, in Washington. District of Columbia police said someone spray-painted the phrases “black lives matter” and “no justice no peace” on the front of the building on Saturday afternoon. (Photo: AP)
Washington: Donald Trump's new luxury hotel in downtown Washington has been vandalized.
District of Columbia police say someone spray-painted the phrases "black lives matter" and "no justice no peace" on the front of the building on Saturday afternoon.
On Sunday, the phrases were covered up with pieces of plywood.
Police spokeswoman Aquita Brown said Sunday that police have not identified any suspects. The incident occurred just after 4 p.m. Saturday, and police are investigating.
The Trump International Hotel opened on Sept. 12. The Trump Organization won a 60-year lease from the federal government to transform the historic Old Post Office building on Pennsylvania Avenue into a hotel. Rooms at the hotel start at just under $400 a night.
A publicist for the hotel declined to comment on Sunday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Gautam Kumar Jha Becomes Third Crorepati on KBC, Quits at Rs 7 Crore Question
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies