Turkish Bombardment Kills 10 Syria Civilians: Monitor
At least seven were killed in air strikes and shelling around the battleground border towns of Ras al-Ain and Tal Abyad, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
Smoke from a fire caused by an incoming mortar fired from the Syrian side, billows behind a mosque's minarets in Akcakale, Sanliurfa province, southeastern Turkey, smoke billows from targets inside Syria during bombardment by Turkish forces.
Beirut: Bombardment by Ankara's forces killed 10 civilians in northeastern Syria on Saturday taking to 28 the civilian death toll from the Turkish offensive now its fourth day, a monitor said.
At least seven were killed in air strikes and shelling around the battleground border towns of Ras al-Ain and Tal Abyad, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said. The other three were killed by artillery fire on the mainly Kurdish city of Qamishli further east, the Britain-based war monitor said.
On the Turkish side of the border, 17 civilians have been killed, according to Turkish reports.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Returns As Simmba for Sooryavanshi, Flexes Muscles for Camera
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- A Scene from Joaquin Phoenix's 'Joker' Has Become the Internet's Most Referenced Meme
- Adorable Video Shows Man Dancing with Stray Dog in the Middle of the Night
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream