Turkish Military Strike Kills 14 Kurdish Militants in Northern Iraq
Turkey's military killed 14 members of the militant Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) in air strikes in northern Iraq on Saturday, the military said in a statement.
File image of Kurdish Militant. (Image: Reuters)
Ankara: Turkey's military killed 14 members of the militant Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) in air strikes in northern Iraq on Saturday, the military said in a statement.
Six militants were killed around the area of Sinat-Haftan and eight in the countryside around Adiyaman in two separate air strikes, the military said.
The PKK, which has carried out a three-decade insurgency against the Turkish state, has camps in the mountains of northern Iraq, near the Turkish border.
Turkey has stepped up attacks against the PKK in northern Iraq and its Syrian-Kurdish affiliate, the YPG, in recent weeks. The attacks on the YPG, a key member of a US-backed militia fighting Islamic State in Syria, have further complicated relations with Washington.
Recommended For You
- Parmanu Movie Review: John Abraham Starrer is Too Bollywood to be a "True Events" Story
- Five European Cup Dynasties for Real Madrid to Match
- Fitness Challenge: Hrithik Cycles on Mumbai Roads, Gets Schooled on Traffic Law
- Sanju Poster: Meet Sonam Kapoor as First Character From Sanjay Dutt's Crazy Romantic Life
- Harvey Weinstein Expected to 'Surrender' to New York Authorities Today