Two Dead in Blast During Equipment Test at Russian Military Base: Report
Six defence ministry officials were reportedly injured in the accident.
A family watches explosions at a military ammunition depot near the city of Achinsk in eastern Siberia's Krasnoyarsk region, in Achinsk, Russia. (AP)
Moscow: Two people were killed in an explosion during an equipment test at a military base in the far north of Russia on Thursday, the defence ministry said in a statement to news agencies.
"As a result of the accident, six defence ministry employees and a developer were injured. Two specialists died of their wounds," the ministry said, adding that radiation levels near the facility were "normal".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan, Emraan Hashmi Share the Perfect Chemistry in The Bard of Blood Teaser
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Tops World's Richest Actors List, Beats Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr
- Hardik Pandya Turns Showstopper at Lakme Fashion Week
- Woman Abandoned by Boyfriend on a Road Trip Assumed She was Being Pranked