UAE, British in Naval Exercise Amid Gulf Tensions With Iran
Naval forces of the United Arab Emirates and Britain have started an exercise amid Gulf Arab countries' continued tensions with Iran.
Image for representation only. (Photo: Reuters)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Naval forces of the United Arab Emirates and Britain have started an exercise amid Gulf Arab countries' continued tensions with Iran.
The UAE's state-run WAM news agency said the "Sea Dagger 2017" exercise began Sunday.
It offered no details about where the exercise would take place.
The UAE sits near the mouth of the Persian Gulf and near the strategic narrow Strait of Hormuz, through which nearly a third of all oil traded by sea passes.
Gulf Arab countries have grown worried about Iran after its nuclear deal with world powers.
Iran has threatened to close the strait before. The Islamic Republic also has had a series of tense naval encounters with the US Navy over the last year.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Adchithooku: Dale Steyn Asks Twitter What's Up, Gets Bowled Over by Tamil Film Song Promos
- Kapil Sharma-Ginni Chatrath's Wedding Sangeet: Guests Have a Blast With Krushna, Bharti
- After Google's Date With US Lawmakers, What Lies Ahead for Facebook, Twitter And Other Tech Companies?
- First Look: The OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Has More RAM Than Your PC, But is That All?
- PUBG What? Doom, World's First First-Person Shooter Game, Turns 25 Years Old
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s