UK Business Groups Plead for Deal to Prevent No-Deal Brexit
Five leading business groups submit statement pleading to prevent a no-deal Brexit.
File photo (Image: Reuters)
London: Britain's five leading business groups are pleading with the government to act to prevent the country's departure from the European Union without a deal.
In an unusual expression of unity, the groups that represent hundreds of thousands of businesses employing millions told the nation's leaders to put their political party affiliations aside and prevent a so-called "no deal" Brexit.
The statement says "businesses have been watching in horror as politicians have focused on factional disputes rather than practical steps that business needs to move forward. The lack of progress ... means that the risk of a 'no-deal' Brexit is rising."
The statement comes in response to the British cabinet's decision to start preparing for a no-deal Brexit following months of in-fighting and a deadlock over Theresa May's proposed divorce plan.
Among the signatories were British Chambers of Commerce, the Confederation of British Industry, the manufacturers' organization called EEF, the Federation of Small Businesses and the Institute of Directors.
Recommended For You
- Mumbai's 'Dabbawalas' Get New Comic Book Based On Them
- It is Not Just a Cricket World Cup Match Between India and Pakistan. It is Something More.
- Suman Rao from Rajasthan Crowned Miss India 2019
- 'Partners in Crime' Ziva Dhoni, Rishabh Pant Have a Blast at India vs Pakistan, Video Goes Viral
- Haryana Roadways Tried to Kill Me: Shooting Sensation Manu Bhaker Posts Photo of Accident
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s