UK Foreign Minister Jeremy Hunt to Head to Saudi, Hopes for Khashoggi Case Progress
'The Foreign Secretary is going to Saudi this week and I hope there will be progress,' Britain's minister for Asia and the Pacific told parliament.
File photo of British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt. (Reuters Image)
London: British foreign minister Jeremy Hunt will go to Saudi Arabia and hopes for progress in the case of the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, Mark Field, Britain's minister for Asia and the Pacific, said on Tuesday.
"The Foreign Secretary is going to Saudi this week and I hope there will be progress," Field told parliament when asked whether the government would present its findings on who was responsible for the murder and what actions Britain planned to take.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- Section 375 Movie Review: Akshaye Khanna, Richa Chadha's Performances Make for Compelling Courtroom Drama
- Everyone's Called it 'Rumour', but the Internet Still Wants to Know 'Is MS Dhoni Retiring?'
- Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar's 2.0 Flops in China But Bollywood Can Avoid the Mistake
- The Largest Flying Dinosaur Was the Size of a Plane, Find Scientists