UK PM Boris Johnson to Present His New Brexit Plan to Parliament
Boris Johnson is expected in the House of Commons on Thursday to explain the eleventh-hour plan.
File image of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
London: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will present his new Brexit plan to Parliament, a day after he presented it to Europe's leaders.
Johnson is expected in the House of Commons on Thursday to explain the eleventh-hour plan.
It contains major changes to the proposed arrangements that would regulate trade between Ireland and Northern Ireland after Brexit.
The plan has received a mixed response from European leaders and seems to fall far short of meeting their requirements for keeping an open border.
Johnson insists Britain will leave the European Union on Oct. 31 with or without a deal, but Parliament has passed a law requiring him to seek an extension if no deal is reached.
Johnson's position is tenuous because he doesn't have a working majority in Parliament.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Unseen Pictures From Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput's Wedding Surface, See Here
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Amitabh Bachchan Was Never Hospitalised, Say Kaun Banega Crorepati Sources
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried