UK PM Theresa May Suffers Embarrassing Brexit Defeat in Parliament
Theresa May was defeated in a symbolic vote in parliament on her Brexit strategy on Thursday, undermining her negotiating strength in talks with the European Union to secure changes to the agreement.
File photo of Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May. (Reuters)
London: British Prime Minister Theresa May suffered another humiliating Brexit defeat at the hands of her own eurosceptic MPs on Thursday, with just weeks to go until Britain officially leaves the EU.
In the symbolic vote, MPs voted 303 to 258 against a government motion endorsing its next moves in trying to secure a new withdrawal deal with the European Union.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- This is My Father's Money, Says KBC 11 Crorepati Sanoj Raj
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Section 375 Movie Review: Akshaye Khanna, Richa Chadha's Performances Make for Compelling Courtroom Drama
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser