UK Summons Iran's Top Diplomat over Seizure of British Tanker in Strait of Hormuz
The diplomat was called in as European powers urged Iran to release the Stena Impero it seized in the Strait of Hormuz in what Britain earlier called a 'dangerous' move.
A British Royal Navy patrol vessel guards the oil supertanker Grace 1, that's on suspicion of carrying Iranian crude oil to Syria, as it sits anchored in waters of the British overseas territory of Gibraltar, historically claimed by Spain. (Reuters)
London: The Foreign Office in London summoned Iran's charge d'affaires on Saturday, the ministry said, following the seizure of a British-flagged tanker in the Gulf.
The diplomat was called in as European powers urged Iran to release the Stena Impero it seized in the Strait of Hormuz in what Britain earlier called a "dangerous" move.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies 2019: Kohli Needs to be Consistent in Selection: Ganguly
- Amitabh Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan Share Condolences After Arun Jaitley Passes Away
- Shah Rukh Khan Recalls Romancing Many Girls at Railway Stations
- Scarlett Johansson Tops Forbes List of the Highest-paid Actresses
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans