US Army Helicopter Crashes at Army Base in Louisiana, Kills 1, Injures 3
The officials said the cause of the crash is under investigation and no further details were immediately released.
Image for representation. (Image: CNN-News18)
Fort Polk (US): Military officials say a helicopter has crashed on an Army base in Louisiana, killing one person and injuring three others.
Fort Polk officials said in a statement that the Army chopper crashed early Thursday morning in the Fort Polk training area. Base officials say there were the four crew members on board. Their names weren't being released until relatives are notified.
The fort said the cause of the crash is under investigation. No further details were immediately released.
About 8,000 soldiers are stationed at Fort Polk, its website states. The base is in central Louisiana, about 150 miles (240 kilometers) northwest of Baton Rouge.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy