US B-52 Bombed Syrian Province, 20 Killed: Russia
The Russian Defence Ministry on Tuesday claimed that at least 20 civilians were killed in a B-52 bomber strike carried out by the US on the Idlib province in Syria on January 3.
A U.S. B-52 bomber takes part in the "Saber Strike" NATO military exercise in Adazi, Latvia, June 13, 2016. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins
Moscow: The Russian Defence Ministry on Tuesday claimed that at least 20 civilians were killed in a B-52 bomber strike carried out by the US on the Idlib province in Syria on January 3.
"As we remember, on September 29 last year, the US aviation carried out an attack in the Deir-ez-Zor targeting government forces. After this attack, the Islamic State started its advance," Russian Chief of General Staff Valery Gerasimov said during a Defence Ministry meeting, as cited by RIA Novosti news agency.
"The latest example of this is the January 3 airstrike, when a B-52 bomber -- without warning the Russian side -- hit a target in the town of Sarmada, Idlib Province, which is covered by the cessation of hostilities agreement. Over 20 civilians died as a result of the airstrike."
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Titans Review: A Mix of Noir and Rib-cracking Action Makes this DC Show on Netflix Worth a Watch
- Hard to Find a Corner to Relax - Djokovic Concerned About 'Big Brother' Cameras
- Cristiano Ronaldo Pleads Guilty to Tax Fraud at Madrid Court, Accepts Suspended Sentence
- Guinness World Records Makes a Man Eat Humble Pie After His Failed Pi Memorisation Record 'Attempt'
- This YouTuber Flew Down From Hong Kong to Play PewDiePie's Diss Track Outside T-Series HQ in Noida
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s