US Extends License for Businesses to Work with Chinese Telecom Giant Huawei by 90 Days
The US government said this extension to Huawei would allow service providers to continue to serve rural areas.
Washington: The United States on Monday granted another 90 days for companies to cease doing business with China's telecoms giant Huawei, saying this would allow service providers to continue to serve rural areas.
The extension, renewing one issued in August, "will allow carriers to continue to service customers in some of the most remote areas of the United States who would otherwise be left in the dark," US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said in a statement.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hina Khan and Her Father Take Dig at Rising Onion Prices, Watch Hilarious Video
- Housefull 4 to Marjaavaan: Dullest Films of 2019 that Made Us Regret Buying Tickets
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles
- You've Probably Listened to More 'Drake' in the Last Ten Years Than You Think
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders