US Forces Withdrawing from Syria into Baghdad Have No Approval to Stay, Says Iraqi Military
There is no permission granted for these forces to stay inside Iraq, the military said in a statement.
Image for representation.(Image: Reuters)
Baghdad: US forces that crossed into Iraq from Syria only have approval to do so if they are later being transported out of the country, and they do not have permission to stay in Iraq, the Iraqi military said on Tuesday.
"All US forces that withdrew from Syria received approval to enter the Kurdistan Region so that they may be transported outside Iraq. There is no permission granted for these forces to stay inside Iraq," the military said in a statement.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Realme X2 Pro With 64-Megapixel Quad Camera, Snapdragon 855+ Launched at Rs 29,999
- Parth Samthaan Denies Dating Erica Fernandes, Says 'Not Aware of These Rumours'
- Facebook Has Made a Meme App Called Whale, But What Exactly Would You do With it?
- He's Back! Twitter Filled With Jokes, Memes and Banter as Jose Mourinho is Named New Tottenham Hotspur Manager
- Tottenham Hotspur Sack Manager Mauricio Pochettino, Jose Mourinho Linked to the Job