US Hopes to Sign Trade Deal With China in 'Same Time Frame' Even as Chile Cancels APEC Summit
'We look forward to finalising Phase One of the historic trade deal with China within the same time frame, and when we have an announcement, we'll let you know,' spokesman Hogan Gidley said in a statement.
Image for Representation. (Reuters)
Washington: President Donald Trump still hopes to sign a trade deal with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping in coming weeks despite Chile's cancellation of the APEC summit where they had been scheduled to meet, the White House said Wednesday.
"We look forward to finalising Phase One of the historic trade deal with China within the same time frame, and when we have an announcement, we'll let you know," spokesman Hogan Gidley said in a statement.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rohit Sharma's One-Handed Stunner to Dismiss Mominul Haque Inspires Hilarious Memes
- TV Actress Gehana Vasisth Extremely Critical, Hospitalised After Long Shift Without Proper Nutrition
- Maurizio Sarri Confirms Cristiano Ronaldo Will Miss Juventus' Trip to Atalanta
- Shah Rukh Khan's Congratulatory Tweet on Acid Attack Survivor's Wedding Wins the Internet
- WhatsApp Updates: Wait For Dark Mode Continues, And Here is Everything Else on The Agenda