US Mother Charged with Neglect after Teenage Son Weighing 19 Kg Dies of Severe Malnutrition
However, the mother told investigators that her son had a genetic disorder, was epileptic and had autism, and that his condition impacted his ability to gain weight.
Milwaukee: A mother in the United States faces neglect charges after the medical examiner determined her 42-pound teenage son died of severe malnutrition in Milwaukee.
A criminal complaint says Iraida Pizarro-Osorio brought her 16-year-old son to a medical clinic in Milwaukee last week after he became unresponsive. The teen died at the clinic. The complaint says he weighed just 42 pounds (around 19 kg).
Pizarro-Osorio told investigators her son had a genetic disorder, was epileptic, had autism and that his condition impacted his ability to gain weight. She's being held on a $35,000 bond and is due back in court on September 18.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Vicky Kaushal to Begin Work on Takht in February After Finishing Sardar Udham Singh
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened