US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo Confirms He Listened in on Donald Trump's Phone Call to Ukraine Leader
It was Pompeo's first public comment on whether he had heard Trump ask the president of Ukraine to dig up dirt on political rival Joe Biden and his son Hunter in the July 25 call.
File photo of US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. (Reuters)
Washington: US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday confirmed that he listened in on the phone call that is at the heart of the impeachment probe against President Donald Trump.
"I was on the call," Pompeo told a news conference in Rome.
It was Pompeo's first public comment on whether he had heard Trump ask the president of Ukraine to dig up dirt on political rival Joe Biden and his son Hunter in the July 25 call. He did not say what was discussed in Trump's half-hour conversation with Volodymyr Zelensky.
Pompeo also again lambasted Democratic congressional leaders pressing for quick testimony from five State Department diplomats as part of their probe of the Ukraine scandal now threatening the Trump presidency.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Celebrate Karva Chauth, Get Love from Priyanka Chopra, Samantha Akkineni
- 'Dayaben' Disha Vakani Looks Radiant as Ever in Her Comeback Appearance on TMKOC
- Kasautii Zindagii Kay's 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif Opens up on Replacing Hina Khan
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right