US to Conditionally Pull Troops from Five Afghan Bases Under Deal, Says Envoy
Zalmay Khalilzad said that the US has agreed that if the conditions proceed according to the agreement, we will leave within 135 days five bases in which we are present now.
US Army soldiers stand outside their armored vehicle (File photo)
Kabul: The US military will pull its troops from five bases in Afghanistan if the Taliban honour their end of a proposed deal, the US envoy leading negotiations between the two foes said Monday.
"We have agreed that if the conditions proceed according to the agreement, we will leave within 135 days five bases in which we are present now," Zalmay Khalilzad told Tolo News, according to an excerpt of an interview the TV station published on Twitter.
Khalilzad was speaking in Dari. Tolo said the full interview would be broadcast later Monday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected