US Treasury Says No Plans to Block Chinese Listings 'At This Time': Report
Earlier, Trump's administration was considering delisting Chinese companies from US stock exchanges in a move that would be part of a broader effort to limit US investment in Chinese companies.
Image for Representation. (Reuters)
new York: The United States does not currently plan to stop Chinese companies from listing on US exchanges, Bloomberg reported on Saturday, citing a US Treasury official.
"The administration is not contemplating blocking Chinese companies from listing shares on U.S. stock exchanges at this time," Bloomberg quoted Treasury spokeswoman Monica Crowley as saying.
Reuters reported on Friday that President Donald Trump's administration is considering delisting Chinese companies from US stock exchanges in a move that would be part of a broader effort to limit US investment in Chinese companies.
The Treasury did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Opens About Why She Did Not Live with Ranveer Singh Before Marriage
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Google Pixel 4 isn't Coming to India and Desi Fanboys are Upset With Sundar Pichai
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution
- Mercedes-Benz G 350 d Launched at Rs 1.5 Crore in India