US Woman Sues Chines Billionaire Richard Liu on Rape Allegation
The woman is a student at the University of Minnesota. She sued JD.com founder Richard Liu on Tuesday, alleging that he raped her at her apartment.
File photo of Chinese billionaire Richard Liu
Minneapolis (US): A woman who says JD.com founder Richard Liu raped her in Minneapolis is suing the Chinese billionaire and his company.
The woman is a student at the University of Minnesota. She sued Liu on Tuesday, alleging that he raped her at her apartment.
Liu was arrested August 31 in Minneapolis on suspicion of felony rape and released within hours.
He had been attending a week-long residency as part of the University of Minnesota's doctor of business administration China programme.
Prosecutors announced in December that Liu would not face criminal charges because they could not prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Liu's attorneys said at the time that his arrest was based on a false claim.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Shehnaz Gill Claimed She Would Not Fake a Relationship for the Show
- Watch: Ducklings Enjoy Makeshift Water Slide Leaving Netizens Amused
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro