Venezuela Opposition Rejects Election Results
Nicolas Maduro's government won a majority of governorships in Venezuela's regional election on Sunday, drawing fraud suspicions from the opposition.
Opposition supporters react while listening to the results of the nationwide election for new governors, at the campaign headquarters of the Venezuelan coalition of opposition parties (MUD) in Caracas. (Image: Reuters)
Caracas: Venezuela's opposition Democratic Union Roundtable said it rejected the results of the country's closely watched regional elections Sunday after official results showed a landslide win for President Nicolas Maduro's socialists.
"We do not recognise any of the results at this time. We are facing a very serious moment for the country," said Gerardo Blyde, the MUD's campaign director, who called for a full audit of the results.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- How Dare Someone Constantly Make Us Soft Targets: Karan Johar Reacts Angrily to Drug Party Claims
- Anushka Sharma's Gorgeous 'Sun-kissed' Pic Gets Most Romantic Comment from Virat Kohli
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships