'Where Are the Police?' Tweets Sweden's Envoy to France as 'Yellow Vest' Protests Rage
While some social media users apologised for the protesters' behaviour, others were more tongue-in-cheek.
File photo of a protester wearing yellow vest holds a flare in front of the town hall as he takes part in a demonstration in Marseille, France. (Reuters)
Paris: With no police in sight, Sweden's ambassador to France called on neighbours to help put out a small fire lit outside her Embassy during "yellow vest" protests against high living costs and the policies of President Emmanuel Macron.
"And where are the police??? Thanks to friendly neighbours we were able to put out the fires," ambassador Veronika Wand-Danielsson tweeted on Saturday, attaching photographs to her post.
While some social media users apologised for the protesters' behaviour, others were more tongue-in-cheek. One responded to her tweet: "Thank you Madame Ambassador for coming out with a bucket of water to douse the burning box. A true Viking!"
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Police Drama or Unsafe Abortion? The Complicated Choice For Pregnant, Indian Teenagers
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- Watch: Farmer Turns 910-Pound Pumpkin into Boat and Goes for a Ride in Pond
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge