Will Just Raise Tariffs Even Higher if Trade Deal with China Fails, Says Donald Trump
Trump's tough comment came as markets are watching intensely for signs of progress in the US and China's attempt to reach a so-called 'phase one' partial deal taking the heat out of a growing trade war.
US President Donald Trump (File Photo)| Image credit: Reuters
Washington: President Donald Trump on Tuesday warned that failure to get a trade deal with China will prompt more tariffs.
"If we don’t make a deal with China, I’ll just raise the tariffs even higher," he told reporters at the White House.
Trump's latest tough comment came as markets are watching intensely for signs of progress in the two economic superpowers' attempt to reach a so-called "phase one" partial deal taking the heat out of a growing trade war.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Trump Makes Twitter Record by Tweeting 123 Times in Couple of Hours Amid Impeachment Charges
- Anurag Kashyap on Citizenship Amendment Bill: We have Voted for it, We Should Keep Getting it
- Neymar Hits FC Barcelona With Fresh Lawsuit to Demand Unpaid Wages
- #DogsAtPollingStations: Here's Why UK Voters Turned Up with Pets for Brexit Ballot
- Airtel Users Can Make Voice Calls on Wi-Fi But You Need Airtel Xstream Broadband