Woman Drowns in Drain Playing GPS Treasure Hunt in Prague
The other two members of the group managed to escape and were hospitalised, the police spokesman said.
(Photo for representation)
Prague: A young woman drowned and a man is missing after they were caught inside Prague's drain system by torrential rains while participating in a global GPS-based treasure hunt, police said today.
They were among a group of four people "geocaching" - using their smartphone's GPS to search for little treasures hidden all over the world - when the rapidly rising water from the storm trapped them in the Czech capital's underground drainage system last night.
"A woman was found dead in the Vltava (river) and a man is still missing," police spokesman Jan Rybansky told AFP. The sewer system drains into the Vltava.
The identity of the 27-year-old victim has not yet been confirmed by the coroner.
The other two members of the group managed to escape and were hospitalised, the police spokesman said, and the search for the missing man resumed today.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- How Dare Someone Constantly Make Us Soft Targets: Karan Johar Reacts Angrily to Drug Party Claims
- BCCI Informs Indian High Commission in Antigua About Hoax Terror Threat
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead