'Won't Allow Foreign Power to Determine Our Fate': Afghanistan Wants Clarity on Trump’s 'Wipe Out' Jibe
Donald Trump had voiced optimism that Pakistan could help broker a political settlement to end the nearly 18-year-old war in Afghanistan.
A file photo of US President Donald Trump. (PTI)
Kabul: Afghanistan's government called on Tuesday for clarification of US President Donald Trump's remarks that he could win the Afghan war in just 10 days by "wiping out Afghanistan from the face of the earth", the presidential palace in Kabul said.
Trump's remarks followed a meeting with Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan at the White House on Monday. He voiced optimism that Pakistan could help broker a political settlement to end the nearly 18-year-old war in Afghanistan.
"The Afghan nation has not and will never allow any foreign power to determine its fate," Afghanistan's presidential palace said in a statement.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies: Need to be More Patient in the Middle: Rahul
- Janhvi Kapoor Massively Trolled for Holding Book Upside Down at Launch Event
- BWF World Championships: PV Sindhu Beats Chen Yu Fei to Storm into Third Successive Final
- Scarlett Johansson Tops Forbes List of the Highest-paid Actresses
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones