Shambhu Jagdish Soni was found dead on the water- logged streets of Anand Nagar locality by some passersby in the morning hours, an official said.
In the evening, a 90-feet compound wall of a housing society collapsed in the Pokhran Road area of Thane, damaging three cars, a civic body official said.
The cyclone, which made landfall near Alibaug in Raigad district of Maharashtra on Wednesday afternoon, spared Mumbai and headed towards Vidarbha region on Thursday. It has now turned into a depression.
The bats were found dead on two consecutive days near a pond in Mehroli village, situated on the outskirts of Meerut city.
According to the lawyer for the plaintiffs, a report submitted by the police stated that the class nine student's death resulted from the negligence of the organisers team for the newspaper's event.
Kittisak Moonkitti, 28, was in his bedroom in Chonburi in western Thailand when his mother Rinnaporn Moonkitti, 57, called for him to assist in a household chore, but he failed to answer.
The child from a nearby slum came strolling by and touched the gate. The woman saw the child in agony and rushed to help, but got electrocuted herself in the process.
The boy's coach was watching a match at Tuglaqabad stadium at the time of the incident. It is suspected the boy who was studying at a Dehradun school died of electrocution.
Passersby noticed the carcass and informed the forest officials in Madukkarai range, who rushed to the farm owned by Thangavel.
The victim's kin have alleged that the electricity department had dug up the road last week to lay cables for repair works, which they did not restore the area completely.
The incident took place when the deceased tried to position the table fan towards him and received a shock.
Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa ordered a probe into the tragic incident and announced a relief of Rs 5 lakh each to the kin of the deceased.
The boys brought the metal pole, which was supposed to be used to hoist the tricolour, to the ground. But when they lifted the pole, it accidentally touched a live wire hanging over the terrace.
Though the politician later denied assaulting any woman, the viral video drew sharp reactions on social media.
Deaths were averted as the power connection in the wire got disconnected as soon as it snapped.
The accused was arrested and admitted to the Vidyasagar State General Hospital in Kolkata, where he is said to be in a serious condition.
Passing trucks reportedly forced water into the hotel's kitchen, leading to the refrigerator there catching fire. When the two went to check the damage in the kitchen, they were electrocuted
In Ambarnath, 22-year-old Vishnu Solanki, a rickshaw driver, who was standing near the Shivaji Nagar auto stand outside the railway station died after a tree fell on the power cables.
The pandal under which the people were listening to a 'Ram katha' in Barmer had collapsed due to strong winds and rain on Sunday evening, leaving at least 15 dead and over 70 injured.
Police said live current ran through the 'pandal' and its structure when it collapsed, leading to deaths.