Apple on September 26, launched the iOS 16 update for all eligible iPhone users (iPhone 8 and newer). The new iPhone operating system brings a host of new features like a customisable lock screen, the ability to edit iMessages and unsend messages, ability to lift subjects off images, and more. Let us take a look at some of the top iOS 16 features, in photos:
1. New Customisable Lockscreen - Apple iOS 16 brings a completely new lock screen for Apple users. Now, users can customise their iPhone lock screen with an image of their choice, text of their choice, and widgets directly on the lock screen.
2. Passkeys - Passkeys is what Apple believes to be the future of passwords. Passkeys on iOS 16 allow users to log in to websites, apps and services without requiring a password. Instead, a digital key verified by your Face ID or Touch ID will let you log in to apps and services.
3. Edit iMessages and Unsend Emails - With iOS 16, Apple iPhone users can edit their messages on iMessage and even delete them till a certain time after sending the message. iOS 16 also allows users to unsend mail using Apple's Mail app.
4. Lift subjects off images - iOS 16 brings a really cool feature that will let users long-press a subject in an image to lift it off of that photo, and paste it on any app in their iPhone. The iPhone will automatically cut-out the subject you are long-pressing, and will keep that in your clipboard till you paste it elsewhere.
5. Dictation - iOS 16 also brings improved dictation. The feature works similar to how it did before, users need to tap the mic button that is right in the text entry field, replacing the old voice memo-like button. Then, users can simply start talking and the dictation will start, with the keyboard staying in place. This will allow you to switch to typing anytime in the middle.