1. Be a puppet master: When the target is not around, plug the USB receiver of your wireless mouse into his computer and come back to your place. You now have the power to interrupt his moves. Now move your mouse and click the buttons sporadically and enjoy his reactions.
2. Make someone’s world go upside down: All you need to do here is press a combination of keys on the keyboard of the person you intend to play this prank on and voila! Press “Ctrl+Alt+Down arrow key” on a Windows machine and you will see the screen goes inverted. Don’t miss how your target reacts on seeing this and have a good laugh until he finds a fix.
3. If they live on Facebook, scare them with death: Anytime you find your colleague’s system unattended with Facebook opened on his machine, go to the Privacy settings and change “Who can see your future posts?” to “Only Me”. Once done, Facebook will stop showing his posts to anyone but only him - which means, no likes and no comments on his future posts. Ha Ha ha! And you will have had your share of fun by the time the dupe discovers it.
4. A right time to avenge colleagues who ping you unnecessarily: Imagine how annoying it would be to see some other letter/character appearing on pressing a particular key. Go to Control Panel > Region and Language > Keyboard And Languages > Click on “Change keyboards...” > click on “Add...”. A new window will open and from there add “United States-Dvorak” as another input language and close that window. Once done, choose Dvorak as the default input language from a dropdown in the first window. As you do it a new keyboard layout will be activated, which means, for instance, P will appear on typing R and Q will show up when the X key is pressed. And so on. The more he types, the more perturbed he gets.
5. Tease him if you can’t please him: Take a small piece of a sticky note and put it over the laser sensor at the back of the mouse. His mouse will become nonfunctional and he would intuitively go on to check if it’s plugged in properly but is unlikely to turn it around. Leave him flustered and let him struggle for a while.
6. Knocking a wrong door is embarrassing: Next time you find your friend’s system unattended, take a screenshot of the desktop and save it. Now cut all the icons there on the desktop and save them in a folder anywhere other than the desktop. After this set the saved image as the wallpaper. Icons on the desktop will now not respond, as it’s just an image. But the user doesn’t know that. He may end up contacting the IT department for help.
7. Disobedience puts off many: A person, who is so used to having his instructions followed diligently, is likely to get vexed on finding that his commands are not obeyed anymore. Go to Control Panel > Mouse> Buttons > enable “Switch primary and secondary buttons” under Button configuration. As you check the box, the left and right buttons will swap their roles. For instance, primary functions such as selecting and dragging, which are usually done using the left button, will now be performed by the right one. But only you know this, not the person who would be a victim of your prank.
8. A perfect one for your 'grammar nazi' friend: What if the internet starts serving a grammar nazi with results in incorrect language? Doesn’t it sound like a perfect prank for your grammar nazi friend? You can easily pull this prank, but ensure that your target uses the Google Chrome browser. Just download the Jailbreak the Patriarchy extension for Chrome on the machine of the person you intend to play this prank on and leave the rest for this add-on. The extension actually gender-swaps the world for the user. Once installed, almost every article read in Chrome (except for Gmail, so far) would be full of ‘errors’.