Mangalore: While the head of the Sri Ram Sene in Karnataka, Pramod Muthalik was denied bail in the Mangalore pub attack case on Thursday, what has held the police back is none of the victims of the attack have contacted the police or given a statement.
"It's a small town. People will recognise us and they could strike again. The next time it will be worse." This is what the people at the end of the Mangalore attacks are saying when CNN-IBN approached them.
On Saturday at a pub in Mangalore called Amnesia, young girls were pulled out of their chairs, beaten and even thrown on the ground by Sri Ram Sene activists in the name of morality and culture but so far, none of them have come forward to complain.
IGP Western Zone, A M Prasad says, "Nobody has filed complaints yet. We are trying not to get into their privacy. None of the girls' families have come forward."
And this was not the only attack. Mangalore has recently seen similar attacks, though on a smaller scale. Young boys and girls have been targetted for befriending each other - particularly if they are from different communities.
A few hours after the attack at Amnesia, another attack was reported from the Balmatta road area. Two Muslim tenants of a house were stabbed by suspected Sri Ram Sene activists and one of them was wounded seriously.
The man who was attacked is now recovering from multiple stab wound injuries, but is too afraid to come out against his attackers, lest he be targetted again.
A M Prasad says such cases have been taken up and the police are trying to sort through them.
However this is not the end of it. Even as mediapersons waited to cover Pramod Muthalik's court hearing in Mangalore they were threatened by followers of the Sri Ram Sene who warned them that if the report was not done in a pro-Hindutva manner, the mediapersons would have to face Sri Ram Sene's wrath.