Mangalore: The judicial custody of Pramod Muthalik, the alleged conspirator of the Mangalore pub attacks ends today. Fearing for their lives none of the victims have contacted the police or given their statements.
"It's a small town and people will recognise us. They could strike again the next time. it will be worse, " said one person when a reporter contacted for details.
Pictures of the ugly attack at the Mangalore pub on Saturday were shown across all national channels. People were shocked to see young girls pulled out of their chairs, beaten and even thrown to the ground. But so far not one victim has come forward to lodge a complaint.
AM Prasad, IGP, Western Range said,"Nobody has filed complaints yet but we're trying not to get into their privacy, none of the girls families have come forward."
These are not isolated incidents, Mangalore has recently seen similar attacks, though on a smaller scale. Young boys and girls have been targeted for be-friending each other, particularly if they are from different communities.