follow us on
reach us on app store
News18 » Videos » News18 Shorts

Gwalior: DM orders inquiry into alleged ragging of Bihar minister's son at Scindia School

Aug 23, 2014 03:32 PM IST India India

New Delhi: The Gwalior District Magistrate has ordered an inquiry into the allegations of ragging of a Bihar minister's son in one of India's top boarding school- the Scindia school after the Class IX student was admitted to hospital in a critical condition.

Meanwhile, a forensic team has reached the school to conduct investigations. The school management has given details of how the student fell unconscious and was hospitalised. The police visited the school on Saturday and spoke to eyewitnesses.

The student's father, a minister in the Bihar government has said that he suspected his son was ragged in school. His family alleged that the school authorities didn't inform the student's local guardian or bring him to Delhi on time.

"The police is speaking with witnesses and gathering details to establish the sequence of events. Additional SP is supervising the probe. We will establish the chronology in a day or two," said Santosh Singh, Gwalior SSP.

"Family hasn't reported to the police yet. Right now they are worried about the boy's condition. We appeal to the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister to order a probe and give the strictest punishment to those found guilty," said a family friend Vinod Kumar.

Gwalior Police had on Friday registered a suo motu case. A medical bulletin by Delhi's Apollo Hospital, where the boy is admitted, said, "The patient was brought to the hospital yesterday at 8:30 AM in a very critical condition and was immediately attended to by our team of experts.

"He is being provided appropriate medical care by a competent multidisciplinary team of senior consultant doctors. He is under constant monitoring and is on ventilator support in the ICU."

The boy's father said, "He was a brave boy and was capable of fighting difficult situations. He and did not get the chance to do what he wanted. He was being ragged for the past 2-3 days. On the day of the incident they did not even let him eat. They asked his roommate to go for his meals and said that my boy would not be allowed to eat."