follow us on
reach us on app store
News18 » Videos » News18 Shorts

Bhopal gas leak: lasting damage, permanent pain

Jun 07, 2010 03:32 PM IST India India
Share

Bhopal: Meenaksh is six but she looks like a toddler. She can barely speak and is unable to tell her mother she wants to use the bathroom, or that she is hungry. She cannot walk either. Her mother Saurambai and her husband live in Oriyabasti, 2 km away from the Union Carbide factory in Bhopal. On the night of December 2nd in 1984, Saurambi and her husband were treated for gas poisoning. Decades later, it’s tough for them to understand why their daughter has to pay for a gas leak that happened before she was born.