New Delhi: After the Islamabad High Court ordered the release of 26/11 Mumbai attack mastermind Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, the Ministry of Home Affairs on Friday said the Pakistan government to take all legal measures to ensure that Lakhvi does not come out of jail.
The Home Ministry said, "The overwhelming evidence against 2008 Mumbai attack mastermind Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi has not been presented properly before court by Pakistani agencies. It is the responsibility of the Pakistan government to take all legal measures to ensure that Lakhvi does not come out of jail,"
The Ministry added, "Pakistan should realise there are no good terrorists or bad terrorists."
The detention orders of Lashkar-e-Toiba operations commander Lakhvi were declared void by the Islamabad High Court.
Justice Noorul Haq accepted 55-year-old Lakhvi's appeal filed against his third time detention orders and ordered his immediate release, Dawn reported.
The High Court had earlier reserved its decision over the application.
Lakhvi and six others - Abdul Wajid, Mazhar Iqbal, Hamad Amin Sadiq, Shahid Jameel Riaz, Jamil Ahmed and Younis Anjum - have been charged with planning and executing the Mumbai attacks in November, 2008 that left 166 people dead.
Lakhvi, believed to be a close relative of LeT founder and Jamat-Ud Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed, was arrested in December 2008 and was indicted along with the six others on November 25, 2009 in connection with the 26/11 attack case.
The trial has been underway since 2009. He has been detained at Adiala jail for the last five years or so.
(With additional information from PTI)