Ahmedabad: Saurasthra and South Gujarat are the two regions of the state that will vote on on Thursday. Following are the numbers of the past and the key election issues for these regions:
Gujarat elections result in 2007:
Total 182 seats
Saurasthra result in 2007:
Total 52 seats
The big questions:
- Will Keshubhai Patel and his party GPP impact BJP's vote?
- Will the leuva patel caste vote consolidate against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi?
- Can the cotton crop failure result in anti-incumbency?
- Will Modi's promise of the Narmada Canal for Saurashtra satisfy farmers?
- Will independents backed by Congress and GPP prove spoilers?
A Single COVID-19 Patient Can Infect 406 People in 30 Days if Preventive Measures Not Taken: ICMR Study
Transfer PM Cares Fund, Suspend Central Vista Plan: Sonia’s Suggestions to Free Up Covid-19 Resources
Fighting a Pandemic With Emptying Wallets: States Grapple With Revenue Shortfall, Gap in Centre’s Payouts
'Plague of The Snobs': How Coronavirus Pandemic Sparked Public Anger Against Global Elite