Terms and Conditions
- This Call for Entries (“Call for Entries”) is conducted by Network18 Media & Investments Limited (“NW18”) in association with Think and Learn Pvt. Ltd, (“Byju’s”) for selecting children with exceptional talents in the fields of academic, extra-curricular, sports etc. and providing them an opportunity to participate and act/perform in NW18’s upcoming television programme tentatively titled as ‘Young Genius’ (“Show”).
- Participant(s): NW18, will call for entries from children upto the age of 15 (Fifteen) residing within the territorial jurisdiction of India. The call for entries will commence from 16-11-2020 and shall end on at 9 PM on 06-12-2020 through various modes, mediums & channels decided solely by NW18. NW18 shall retain the right of using any profiles that may be submitted post this deadline in any manner that NW18 deems fit including but not limited to using the same profiles for consideration in subsequent seasons of the show
- Registration Process: Interested Participants may register themselves and / or (through their respective parent’s/guardians, as applicable) by filling up the participation form(s) and submitting necessary supportive documents/information/audio-video content (as applicable) as detailed at the microsite www.news18.com/younggenius (“Submissions”). In the event the Submissions made by the Participants are not upto the technical and creative requirement of NW18 then the Shortlisted Participants shall be required to resubmit their Submissions rectifying the discrepancies highlighted by NW18.
- Selection Process:
a. NW18 shall scrutinize all the Submissions and/or information provided by each of the Participant(s) at the registration level. Thereafter all the applications submitted shall be subject to an elaborate screening process (whether internal & external, both or otherwise, decided at the sole discretion of NW18) by a panel of experts (Jury) appointed solely by NW18, who shall then basis on the various selection criteria select a maximum of 20 (Twenty) participants (“Shortlisted Participants”). Such Shortlisted Participants shall be selected at the absolute discretion of NW18 and/or Jury. NW18 may also choose to select and keep additional participants as stand-by, at its discretion. The Shortlisted Participants will participate and be featured in the Show, subject to acceptance and compliances of these Terms and Conditions.
b. NW18 through its authorized third party personnels shall get in touch with the Shortlisted Participants through the contact details provided at the time of registration, confirm their acceptance. Shortlisted Participants shall be required to cooperate, provide further details, enact/perform based on the specifications provided by NW18.
- Detailed below are the terms and conditions governing the registration and selection process.
A. Participant hereby agree that they are sending in the Submissions out of their own free will without being under any coercion or duress, individually and jointly. There is no monetary or any other form of gratification offered by NW18 for participation. The Participant(s) understand that the judging criteria and process shall be strictly as per the requirement of NW18 and each Participant(s) agrees to be bound by such process. Participant understand that they may not be chosen or may be eliminated and undertake not to take any action against NW18 for such non-selection/ elimination. In the event any of the Participant is unwilling to adhere to the terms of NW18 at any stage of the selection process such Participant shall be immediately disqualified, and they shall not be permitted to participate
B. The registration process shall commence from and continue until such date and time as communicated by NW18 from time to time through on-air promos on the Channel and through social media platforms of the Channel, subject to any change at the sole discretion of NW18 ("Submission Period"). Entries received outside the Submission Period shall not be entertained and shall be considered null and void. NW18 retains the rights to use these entries in any manner that it deems fit.
C. Participant shall ensure that the Submissions are made in the manner required and specified herein and only for the purpose of submitting the same for being shortlisted (in the manner stated in these Terms and Conditions) for the subsequent screening levels. Each Shortlisted Participant shall ensure that the Submissions will not be made available in any other manner on any other modes, mediums or platforms in any manner whatsoever. Shortlisted Participant(s) shall be solely and completely responsible for making the Submissions in the manner as specified herein within the Submission Period. Any Submissions made in contravention of the aforesaid shall not be considered by NW18 for any further levels of screenings.
D. By participating in the selection process, Parent/Legal Guardian of the Participant represent and warrant that the data, information, submissions, material, details, images, etc. (“Entries”) provided by as part of the selection process shall be in response to the information requested by NW18, and shall not be in breach of any third party rights or defame/offend any person, sect, cast, etc. and that it shall in no manner infringe any rights including the copyright of a third person/party. In the event of any violation to the aforementioned, the Participant will be disqualified from the selection Process with immediate effect. By participating in this selection Process Parent/Legal Guardian of the Participant also represent and warrant that the Parent/Legal Guardian of the Participant will be solely liable for any and all action (criminal/civil) arising therefrom and shall also be liable to indemnify NW18, for any loss, claim, dispute, disrepute, disruption caused to it.
E. In consideration for the chance of being selected, all Entries shall, upon being submitted to NW18 through the designated mediums, be assigned in totality and perpetuity on a worldwide basis to NW18. NW18 shall own all rights, title, interest in the Entries, and any and all parts thereof, for use in any manner whatsoever, including for publicity or as a part of any program. Parent/Legal Guardian of the Participant shall be solely responsible to ensure that the Entries are rights cleared and shall be liable for any claims, etc., which may arise on account of the Entries. Parent/Legal Guardian of the Participant agree, acknowledge and understand that the Entries shall be retained and used or shared by NW18 and/or sponsor in respect of the promotion, marketing and otherwise in any other manner, as they deem fit. Parent/Legal Guardian of the Participant agree and undertake that they shall not take any action against NW18 for retention and/or use of such Entries. By participating and by submitting the Entries comprising of Participant contact or other details, you hereby grant TV18 and the sponsor(s) of Show to use, process, retain and monetize the entries for any purposes including commercial and marketing purposes.
F. Parent/Legal Guardian of the Participant acknowledge that by submitting their Entries, Parent/Legal guardian of the Participant are expressly granting NW18 all required and necessary rights to use any and all information provided as a part of the Entries, in any manner as required by NW18, including sharing all the information provided with third parties. Parent/Legal Guardian of the Participant hereby waive any and all rights and undertake that they shall not object to NW18’s use of the Entries in any manner. Parent/Legal Guardian of the Participant confirm that the Entries/Submissions shall not be obscene, vulgar, defaming, denigrating women, artist, celebrity or children, hurting religious sentiments, depicting violence or against the public policy of India or/and the internal policies of NW18.
G. NW18 may determine the correctness, validity, and appropriateness of the Entries, at their sole discretion.
H. NW18 reserves the right to disqualify any Submission(s) immediately from the selection process if any Shortlisted Participant(s) has supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading details and/or information, of any nature and/or have failed to abide by any of the rules and/or are in breach of the terms hereof.
I. If any Shortlisted Participant does not send in the Submissions within the specified dates and times as required by NW18, such Shortlisted Participant shall be disqualified immediately and shall not be given any further opportunity to participate as determined by NW18 at their sole discretion.
J. The entire selection process shall be at the sole discretion of the NW18. NW18 shall have the absolute right to edit, amend, change or deviate from the process detailed above at any time of the selection process at its sole discretion without giving prior notice. Mere participation in the selection process and sending Entries does not entitle the Participant to be selected. The selection process may vary and shall be as per NW18’s sole discretion. The Participant/Parent/legal guardian of Participant or any third party shall have no right to question the selection process. NW18 shall have the right to determine the criteria for the selection and shortlisting process in their sole discretion.
K. NW18 may at any point at its sole discretion cancel the selection process or announce other Shortlisted Participant in place of the originally announced Shortlisted Participant.
In the event any of the following occurs, and Shortlisted Participant shall not have any right or claim against NW18 in this respect or for any other reason whatsoever:
(i) The documents or details are not correct in the opinion of NW18; or
(ii) Documents so required are incomplete, misleading or untrue; or
(iii) Participant agreement required by production house (engaged by NW18) is not signed.
(iv) The Participant fail to provide/execute any document as may be required by NW18
L. NW18 shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to change/modify or cancel the selection process and the Participant shall not have the right to claim any damages or monies from NW18. By participating in this selection process, the Participant waive any right to make any such or other claims against NW18.
M. All costs and expenses not specifically covered by NW18 and not set out herein shall be solely borne by the Participant and no monies will be reimbursed by NW18. For the purpose of clarification and avoidance of doubt, each Participant shall be responsible for any expenses/incidental expenses required to be incurred to participate in this Call for Entries.
N. If NW18 so elects, participants will be required to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the participant will not bring NW18 Entities into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on NW18 as determined in their sole discretion.
O. TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
a. All registrations shall be subject to completion of the procedures by the Participant as per instructions given by NW18 or the authorized representatives of NW18 from time to time. NW18 shall not be liable for any failure of receipt or incomplete registrations. On verification, if any of these documents are not found to be in order, the participation of the Participant to the Call for Entries may be terminated immediately by NW18
b. Apart from the registrations, NW18 may at its discretion provide a chance for entry to the Call for Entries for unregistered people also.
c. NW18 shall not be responsible for any network / website/application related issues that a Participant may face at the time of registration.
d. NW18 shall not be responsible for any loss of Entries for any reason, whatsoever including, due to any problems caused by telephone lines, service providers, network breakdowns, computer service delays, interruptions, network failures or overloads, or for lost, misdirected or misplaced entries, or for entries received after the Submission Period or for any reasons beyond the control of NW18.
e. The Participant represent that the Participant is medically and physically fit and does not have present or past psychological problems. If in the past if the Participant had any psychological problems or physical challenges or has been under medication for any psychological, anxiety, hypertension, depression or any other medical problems the same has been disclosed to NW18s in writing along with a copy of the certificate from a qualified medical practitioner declaring the Participant to be fit for participation in the Selection Process.
f. The Participant acknowledges participation in each act of/for the Selection Process shall be voluntary and at the Participants free-will and own wish and the Participant is willing to bear all risk, costs & consequences arising from such participation.
g. The Participant agrees that in the event if they refuse to perform any of the acts as required as part of the Show, such refusal will lead to disqualification of such Participant to be determined at sole discretion of NW18.
h. The Participant agrees that they have disclosed any previous physical condition which may impact their participation in performing the acts/performances. The Participant shall strictly abide by instructions, rules, guidelines given to them prior to performance act as part of the Selection Process.
i. The Participant confirms that the Participant and or Participants legal guardians/ parents have not been accused or convicted or is otherwise involved in any criminal offence and/or is not under inquiry or trial by the police or judiciary which has not been disclosed to NW18 in writing. Participant confirms that the Participant is not required to be present before any authority including policy or any court of law for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of application and has no other disability which would prevent his/her participation in the Selection Process or the program/show (if selected).
j. The registration does not guarantee the Participant to be selected and such selection shall be strictly as per the sole discretion of NW18. Participant or parent/legal guardian of Participant shall not and waives any right to question the selection process, non-selection of the application and/or the selection of any other Participant.
k. The number of Participant to be selected shall be the sole discretion of NW18.
l. In the event of large number of registrations, the chance to participate in the Selection Process shall be strictly on a first come first basis till closure date/time as decided by NW18. No further requests for selection shall be entertained by NW18. NW18 reserves its right to change the time of the selection process as per its discretion at any point of time.
m. The final opportunity to act in any program shall be subject to Participant’s execution of a written agreement with NW18/producer of program/show. The Participant shall not be eligible for any prize or cash for mere participation in the selection process.
n. Participants and their parents/ legal guardians travelling for the purpose of shoot shall be required to furnish a valid Covid19 test report (the Covid19 test report shall not be older than 5 days from the date of submission). Cost of such test shall not be reimbursed by NW18 and shall be borne by Participants/parent/legal guardian only. Upon arrival for the shoot, Participants and their guardians shall be subject to another medical screening undertaken by NW18/ show producer.
o. NW18 shall have the sole discretion to discontinue/cancel the participation of Shortlisted Participant at any point of time and the Participant /parent/legal guardian jointly or severally, shall not raise any claim due to such discontinuation or cancellation.
p. Taking part in the registration process shall be deemed to be consent by each individual to receive promotional messages from NW18 or sponsor of the Show or any third party so authorized by NW18.
q. In the event of any violation to the aforementioned or in case it comes to the knowledge of NW18s that the details submitted by the Participant in the Submissions are not correct, the Participant shall immediately be disqualified from the Selection Process and shall solely remain liable for any action (criminal/civil) arising there from.
1. In the event the Participant is required to travel as part of selection process/screening process then cost of travel and accommodation of the Participant plus 1 (One) parent or Legal Guardian (as the case may be) for the same shall be fully borne NW18 / production house/third party engaged by NW18 as per terms and conditions agreed upon with the Participant / parent.
2. All Participant shall be required to execute an agreement or sign a form containing terms and conditions as required by NW18 before participation in the Show.
3. Each Participant hereby represents that he/she is not under any exclusive contracts with any other third party/ agency or is not under any kind of disqualification under law to enter into an agreement with NW18 as the case may be.
4. All Participants shall abide by the rules and regulations thereof. Further the instructions of NW18 shall be adhered to strictly. Any Participant who acts in contravention to the instructions of NW18 shall immediately be disqualified from participating in the Show.
5. The Participant, individually and jointly, including parent/legal guardian of the Participant undertake to keep confidential the selection, screening and Show and all details related to it which he/ she/they might be informed of or which he/ she/they might learn or come to know during the registration or the selection process or as a shortlisted Participant. The Participant shall at no time communicate to any third person or the media or give any interviews on his/her/their participation in the selection process or potential participation in the program of NW18 without prior written consent of NW18.
6. The decision of NW18s in connection with the selection process will be final and binding and is non-contestable. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of this screening, the decision of NW18s shall be final and binding on all concerned.
7. The Shortlisted Participant shall be intimated by NW18 / production house directly. NW18s shall not entertain any questions, correspondence, and enquiries on the manner of conduct of the Show/ selection process from any person whatsoever.
8. NW18 or its partners/sponsors/production house etc shall not be liable for any loss, injury, mental/psychological issues like anxiety, depression, stress etc. or even death caused to the Participant during his/her participation in the Show or selection process.
9. The Participant and their parents/legal guardian acknowledges that NW18 shall not be liable for any mishap, injury, accident, untoward incident, physical harm of any nature, death, loss of life or limb, etc., caused to them or their parents/guardians/relatives accompanying them, either before, during or after the Selection Process or during the shoot of the Show; and the same shall not be attributed to NW18 or its partners/sponsors/production house etc and NW18 or its partners/sponsors/production house etc shall not be held responsible towards the same nor shall be liable to indemnify or make good any claim being raised against it, for whatsoever nature.
10. NW18 will also not be liable for any loss of earnings, employment or any loss of opportunity and/or monetary loss due caused to the Participant and arising as a result of his/her participation in the Show/ selection process.
11. NW18 shall shortlist a limited number of Participants after the selection process out of which only a limited number of Participants shall be selected for final selection for the Show/Program, NW18 shall have the absolute right to replace any of the Participant as per its discretion and creative requirement. NW18 shall have the right to call off/cancel participation of any Participant at any time even after selection or commencement of shoot of the Show. NW18 shall have the sole right to cancel or drop the Show in entirety which will lead to forfeiture of the participation of the Participant in the Show.
12. All Participants shall have to carry a copy of a document identifying him/her as the citizen of India and valid proof of his/her permanent and current address and age.
13. All registrations shall be subject to completion of the procedures by the Participant as per instructions given by NW18 or the authorized representatives of NW18. NW18 shall not be liable for any failure of receipt or incomplete registrations.
14. By applying for the Show implies acceptance, without protest, of all the rules set forth by NW18 for the Show and the terms and conditions herein. Acceptance of the terms and conditions by each individual Participant confirms that irrespective of such participation leading to final selection or not, constitutes permission for NW18, and its affiliates to click photographs, record videos of the Participant, individually and jointly, and use the Participant’s, name, photographs, likeness, voice and comments for advertising and promotional purposes in any media worldwide in perpetuity for purposes of advertising and trade without any additional compensation whatsoever.
15. On request of NW18, each parent/legal guardian of the Participant shall also make arrangements for NW18 to have access to the Participant residence, favorite hangouts, pets etc. and obtain necessary permissions from his/her parents, siblings, friends, colleagues to be photographed, interviewed and to record or click their photographs, videos etc. in relation to the selection process and to the Show.
16. Any photographs, videos etc. submitted to NW18s or recorded by NW18 during the selection process, if any, or registration procedure shall on submission/creation become the property of NW18s and shall be available to NW18s for exploitation throughout the world in perpetuity. Participant shall ensure that the photos or videos submitted by him/her in any public domain or their performances are not obscene, vulgar, defaming, denigrating women or children, hurting religious sentiments, depicting violence or shall not infringe the rights of a third person.
17. Each Participant shall comply with any terms and conditions that may be stipulated by NW18 and/or its parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies in relation to the selection process /Show and any other rules, regulations, policies, etc
18. In the event of any violation to the aforementioned, the Participant shall immediately be disqualified from taking part in the Show/ selection process and shall solely remain liable for any action (criminal/civil) arising therefrom.
19. Each Participant hereby represents and warrants that the Participant shall comply with all the rules associated with the Show/ selection process including but not limited to the terms & conditions mentioned herein and the Participant shall personally be liable for any breach thereto.
20. Under no circumstance, unless due to willful misconduct or gross negligence, shall NW18 and/or their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries, be liable to any Participant and/or any third party for any lost profits or lost opportunity, indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages whatsoever, even if NW18 has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Each Participant agrees not to file in person/through any family member and/or any third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against NW18 and/or their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries to claim any damages or relief in connection with the Show/ selection process/participation.
21. The Participant grants NW18s irrevocable consent in perpetuity to use the Participants name, photographs, video tape taken during the Selection Process, in any and all applications including but not limited to advertising, commercials, promotion, stories, text, articles and commercial exploitation, in any and all media forms, including but not limited to radio, broadcast and television, newspapers and magazines at any time without the Participants’ further knowledge or consent.
22. Participant(s) shall not, without NW18’s prior written consent, publicize in any manner including on social networks nor discuss with any party, including without limitation the press, about any information relating to the Selection Process or any other information which may come to your knowledge (including without limitation in relation to NW18, producer or any of its employees, consultants or vendors).
23. Participant(s) hereby agree to fully indemnify NW18s against any claims for expenses, damages, or any other payments of any kind, including but not limited to that arising from his/her actions or omissions while participating in the Selection Process or arising from any representations, misrepresentations or concealment of material facts.
24. These terms and conditions can be modified by NW18s at any time and the Participant shall be required to keep themselves updated about such changes.
25. In any event, even in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of NW18, the Selection Process being cancelled, Participant shall not have the right to claim any damages or monies from NW18 and by participating in this Selection Process, the Participant waive their right to make any claims against NW18 whatsoever.
26. Taxes, duties or levies as may be applicable from time-to-time, for any reason, shall be borne and paid by the Shortlisted/Participant. In case the Shortlisted/Participant fail to comply with the applicable laws or pay the requisite taxes, duties or levies, if any, the Shortlisted /Participant shall indemnify NW18 of any losses, claims, expenses, costs and actions for the same.
27. To enable registration of a Participant and/or to participate in the Selection Process personally identifiable information which may include without limitation name, complete address, date of birth, citizenship details, email id, social media/s account name, profile picture, etc. of the Participant(s) ("Personal Information") may be collected NW18 and/or any third party engaged by NW18 to enable the Channel and/or NW18 to administer and/or promote the Program. If Participants do not truthfully provide all requested Personal Information, then NW18 may determine that such Participants are not eligible and such entries are not as per said rules and regulations and hence invalid.
28. The Personal Information of the Participant shall be provided by NW18 to others assisting NW18 in this regard, including its affiliates, associates, authorities, agents, sponsors, partners, employees, prize suppliers, distributors, deliverers and service providers (as applicable).
29. Participant hereby agree and undertake that they shall not accept or undertake to accept/give or undertake to give, either directly or indirectly, any gifts, commission or other favor, of any kind whatsoever, to facilitate them winning the selection process. Any knowledge of such an act shall lead to immediate disqualification of such Participants and NW18 shall be entitled to take any/all actions against such Participants, as deemed fit by it.
30. NW18 shall not be responsible for the quality or deficiency of the selection process and no claim or request, whatsoever, in this respect shall be entertained by NW18.
31. NW18 shall not entertain any questions, correspondence, enquiries on the manner of conduct of the selection process or the selection and/or registration process or criteria for selection of the Shortlisted Participants.
32. It is clarified that Participants and or their Parents, in no circumstance, have any rights or claims against NW18.
33. NW18 is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the terms & conditions contained herein. All information provided in this Call for Entries is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. NW18 makes no representations and disclaims all express, implied and statutory warranties of any kind to any Participant and/or any third party including, without limitation, warranties as to accuracy, timeliness, completeness, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose.
34. NW18 may at anytime, at its discretion, change the selection process mentioned herein, without prior notice, and the Participant acknowledge that such change shall be binding upon them.
35. By participating in the selection process/ registration process, Participants waives all copyrights and any related rights and expressly provide their consent to NW18 for all acts including NW18’s right to click photographs, take pictures, shoot audio-visuals, tape, record, exhibit or portray him/her as the selected Participant and/or publish any content submitted by him/her. The selected Participant further grant irrevocable consent in perpetuity to use, edit, exhibit, publish and/or commercially exploit/monetize the same by itself or through its appointed third parties/partners/sponsors etc, in any and all mediums, applications including for advertising, commercials, promotion, stories, text, illustrations, articles and commercial exploitation, throughout the world, in any and all media, mode or format whether now existing or hereinafter developed, including but not limited to radio, broadcast and television, newspapers, magazines, and electronic media, at any time without the selected Participant further knowledge or consent and without any compensation whatsoever
36. NW18 reserves the right to terminate, modify or extend this selection Process, and its terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions at any time at its absolute discretion, without assigning any reason whatsoever. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of this selection Process, decisions of NW18 shall be final, binding and irrevocable.
37. The invalidity or unenforceability for any reason of any part of these terms & conditions shall not prejudice or affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining parts and each part of these terms & conditions is distinct and at all times severable from the rest of the terms & conditions.
38. No waiver of any rights by NW18 will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For instance, if NW18 waives its right to object to a particular breach of these terms and conditions by the Participant, it does not prevent NW18 from objecting to any other breaches.
40. The Call for Entries shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of competent Courts at New Delhi and the law applicable shall be Indian Law.