Sonu Nigam Tweets Lead to a Real-Life Fight in MP's Ujjain, 2 Injured
The controversy over playback singer Sonu Nigam’s tweets against Azaan led to a real-life fight ensued in Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain district which left two grievously injured.
A file photo of Sonu Nigam.
Bhopal: The controversy over playback singer Sonu Nigam’s tweets against Azaan led to a real-life fight ensued in Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain district which left two grievously injured.
A local youth named Shivam Rai, in response to Nigam’s tweet, posted on his Facebook wall posting a message that Nigam expressed what he felt at heart. He also vowed to listen to only Nigam songs.
Rai claimed that following his post, some youths took an objection to it and had an altercation with him.
Following it, Rai went to attend his friend’s birthday party. Police said that the youths reached the party to assault Rai and his friends with knives.
Rai managed to get away unscathed as he ran away seeing them. However, two of his friends were severely injured in the assault and were admitted to district hospital.
A police officer said that a case has been lodged and the probe was underway. However, the police did not confirm feud’s connection with Nigam’s tweet.
Recommended For You
- Is Shah Rukh Khan Having A Fourth Kid? Find Out Here
- Bigg Boss 11: Vikas Gupta Filed A Criminal Case Against Shilpa Shinde? BB11 Mastermind Clarifies
- These Chinese Quiz Games Are Offering Millions of Cash Prizes For 10-Second Rapid Fire Questions
- Sidharth Malhotra On Aiyaary And PadMan Clash: It Irritates, But Now It's Too Late
- Looking Forward to Make Most of Opportunity in SA, Says Iyer