Sonu Nigam Tweets Lead to a Real-Life Fight in MP's Ujjain, 2 Injured
A file photo of Sonu Nigam.
Bhopal: The controversy over playback singer Sonu Nigam’s tweets against Azaan led to a real-life fight ensued in Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain district which left two grievously injured.
A local youth named Shivam Rai, in response to Nigam’s tweet, posted on his Facebook wall posting a message that Nigam expressed what he felt at heart. He also vowed to listen to only Nigam songs.
Rai claimed that following his post, some youths took an objection to it and had an altercation with him.
Following it, Rai went to attend his friend’s birthday party. Police said that the youths reached the party to assault Rai and his friends with knives.
Rai managed to get away unscathed as he ran away seeing them. However, two of his friends were severely injured in the assault and were admitted to district hospital.
A police officer said that a case has been lodged and the probe was underway. However, the police did not confirm feud’s connection with Nigam’s tweet.
Recommended For You
- Suresh Raina Meets Prime Minister Narendra Modi in The Netherlands
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Maruti Suzuki Sells 1.07 Lakh Units of Alto in First 5 Months of 2017
- Ziva and Zoravar Bond on the Sea Beach in Jolly Harbour
- Team India Coach Job: Engineer Has Solution for Kohli's Arrogance